What are Lash Extensions?
Lash Extensions are single strand, tapered lashes of varying lengths, thicknesses and curvature designed to attach to your own natural lash. In plain English, it looks like a single, real human lash with amplified thickness and curve.
These can be made of synthetic fibre, fine silk or real mink. We use a combination of Sugar Lash Pro (synthetic) and mink lashes to get the fullest, most realistic eye enhancing look unique to every woman.
Unlike fake lashes that come in a strip, these are applied one single lash at a time using a physician developed medical grade adhesive. The lash extension will never be attached to your skin or your eyelid, so it follows the natural growth and bloom of your own lashes.
Lash extensions are also surprisingly weightless, and once attached, just looks like they’re yours to begin with.
Why Lash Extensions?
Oh, let us count the ways. Aside from the face brightening, eye widening benefits, here’s why people opt to pretty up with lash extensions:
Most Natural Eye Lash Extension appointments are done in two hours.
With an experienced and skilled lash artist delicately bonding a single extension to your own lash, you’ll hardly feel it through the procedure.
Unlike fake lashes, you get all the drama without the drag. Fake lashes use heavier hard-drying adhesives while lash extension adhesives are light and non-gunky. There’s no clumping and practically no weight.
They’re Good Value:
Lash extensions can last up to four (4) weeks, and dramatically improve your look for the price. Lash refills also cost less than full sets.
Eyenvy is a great product, but you need time, patience and the discipline to apply it every night. Most noticeable growth is reported only after weeks of religious use – which won’t exactly work if you need to be prettier NOW. However it’s recommended to use a serum if a client has naturally sparser lashes and thin lashes.
Lash extensions are a great alternative with less time commitment and fuss over all.
You’re going to need less make up:
Because lash extensions need to be refreshed after a certain period, you can opt to take them out completely, refill them to the same look or choose a different style of lash altogether if you’re feeling even more fun and frisky.
They redefine the Morning After:
Yep, it’s true. Fuller lashes magnify your eyes, look fantastically youthful and so natural that you’re going to love the freedom of having to do less. Don’t get us wrong, we LOVE make up but we also believe that less is more.
Enjoy tumbling out of bed ALREADY looking bright eyed. Men are scared of obvious make up, and what can be more disconcerting than having your lashes skewed when you’d rather be lovely as morning dew?
Promptness: Arrive early, at least 10-15 minutes before your appointment. Unfortunately, arriving late will deprive you of precious time of your spa treatment. Treatments always end on time so the next guest is not delayed.
Cancellations: The treatments you select have been reserved especially for you. A 24 hour cancellation notice is requested. Less than 24 hour notice or failure to show will result in 50% of the treatment price being charged.
Gratuities: To show appreciation to the staff for outstanding service, gratuities may be given at your discretion.
What happens during a Lash Extension Procedure?
Well, after your Lash Artist has a conversation with you to assess the look and feel you’re going for, you just lay back, close your eyes and relax. Sumptious, eh?
Your Lash Artist will then do the following:
- Remove your existing eye make up
- Apply an under eye pad to keep your skin flat and away from your own lashes.
- Map out the suitable eye-look to enhance the beauty of your eye shape
- Painstakingly bond a single lash extension to your own individual lash
- Your eyes will remain shut through the procedure, all you need to do is to lie still and think good thoughts!
- Your Lash Artist will check on you from time to time to make sure you’re comfortable and feeling safe.
Then voila, lashes aplenty!
What’s in a Lash Extension?
Lash extensions can be made of synthetic fibre, fine silk synthetic or real mink. All are tapered and curved, though some vary in thickness and weight. Here’s a run-down of each:
- Synthetic fibre lashes are the most popular option, they hold curl well because they’re stiffer. Consequently, they’re used for more dramatic looks.
- Fine silk lashes are also synthetic but much thinner than the fiber ones. Amongst all three options, this mimics the human lash the most.
- Mink lashes comes from yes, real minks. Though none are harmed or killed in the process. These are soft, black, silky and thick. They have the most shine while being weightless.
Will getting Lash Extensions kill my own lashes?
No, it won’t – as long as it’s properly applied and cared for. This is why the application technique requires training and certification. Your natural lashes will continue growing because the technique requires that we take several different “separation” steps during the process, at all times attaching each extension to a single lash without eyelid contact.
How long will lash extensions last and when will I need touch ups?
We know it seems hard to believe that extensions can last between three (3) to five (5) weeks. Most of our clients who follow the recommended Lash Care Do’s and Don’ts report an average lash extension life span of four (3) weeks.
Remember, each lash extension is bonded to your own individual lashes so expect to lose some extensions as your own lashes shed and go through their natural growth cycle. Even more so as you get exposed to environments or engage in activities which keep your eyes wet.
We recommend getting a touch up when your extensions are at 50% of their initial fullness. If you’ve lost more than 50% of your extensions, you will need a full set. Most people go through several touch ups before needing it.
What if I choose NOT to get a touch up, can I take the extensions off myself?
NO. Please don’t forget, lash extensions are attached using an adhesive. You WILL damage your natural lashes if you attempt to remove them yourself. Only a certified Lash specialist or technician can remove your extensions for you, since it will require the use of an adhesive remover gel and careful separation.
There’s really no need to risk the damage, and usually lash extension removal is very affordable and painless.
I wear Contacts, is that a problem?
Not at all, you’ll be fine. The adhesive will never touch your skin so no worries.
Ok, so who CAN’T wear lash extensions?
Ah, great question. It’s a NO GO for the following:
- Anyone with adhesive allergies.
- Anyone who just had Lasik has to wait at least 4 weeks and seek their doctor’s approval prior to getting extensions.
- Anyone who just had an eyelift (Blephoroplasty) must wait 4 to 6 MONTHS after the operation and also gain their doctor’s approval.
- Anyone who had Chemotherapy in the last 6 MONTHS.
- Anyone who’s on Thyroid Medication may find keeping the lashes beyond 2 weeks a challenge.
- Anyone who has a medical condition related to their eyes, sight or eye area should really consult their doctor first.
Contact European Spa, (780) 481-5200 for more information and Pricing.